Sunday, February 10, 2019

A Silent Confession (Jordan)

I must confess to you all that writing this blog is very awkward for me. Anybody who personally knows me know I am very introverted. In pretty much very social gathering, you can not get another word in around me as I just sit there "like a bump on a log"; per my wife. My wife often tells me to get involved with the conversations around me; even just by listening. That is no problem, but the problem is I often can't relate to what is being discussed. I either have no experience with the topic or it centers around people I don't even know, or heard of. It is also because I feel as though I won't have anything of value to say; like I will get an eyeroll or an "Ok, that was weird".

With that all being said, with this blog, it is very awkward because, those who know me will finally see what I have to say, and what will they think? Perhaps, maybe this blog will help me. Here I can say what's om my mind and not have this mental stigma that inhibits me in face-to-face conversations. As for the reactions to my thoughts, it is easier for me because the only people who have anything to say to me are on Facebook and I have never met them and probably never will. (Although some of you, I wouldn't mind meeting you at some point).

It has been noted by a few people how I always appear to be on my phone; yes that is true. I have a problem with that. I have a Facebook problem too. I am always on one or both, and even now I wonder why. Do I feel more comfortable there? I don't know. I do know over the years my posts and activities have changed and have been matching my opinions on things and not just nonsense. I hardly get any response on them except for a few likes, so it's not like I'm the most popular person on it. And at times I try to be funny but that's not how I am in real life.

What would Jesus say to me if He were to reply to this?


Do you struggle with this like me? Drop your comments below and let me know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie review: Unplanned

PSA: Go see this movie! It will open your eyes! Tell your friends! Have a nice day. I am pleased to hear how well Unplanned is doing in ...