Sunday, February 10, 2019

Everything Happens For A Reason (Katie)

They say everything happens for a reason, and I believe that is true, it does. For every baby that is born, God has a plan for their life. Whether that is for marriage, for the religious life, or just a call to be single. Unfortunately, not every baby born survives to old age, but Jordan told me that he heard in God's eyes, every life is fulfilled no matter how long,

When Jordan was born, I truly believe that God was planning for him to marry me. This is why. I was born into a Catholic family, and Jordan was born into a half-Catholic family, yet he was not baptized when he was born. Then one day he told his mom he wanted to be baptized in the Catholic Church. Then it all started on Myspace, remember this old thing? lol

At the time, I felt like nobody would go out with me because I had a learning disability and I have trouble understanding some things; and I was made fun of in high school. Also, I thought I was ugly. I was 21 and never had a serious long-term relationship. Jordan was, at the time, in the same boat and was randomly scrolling through Myspace. He got the idea somewhere to talk to a friend of his friend, Nika, that friend was me. We really hit it off. He later attributed that to God.

Fast forward to today, we are happily married. God's plan was for Jordan to become Catholic and through events in his life, become the wonderful Catholic man he is today; which relates to his being a great husband and father. Now for me, I am glad I have someone to love me unconditionally and who will, and has, been there with me through thick and thin. He has his flaws, but I couldn't ask for a better father for my children. In believe in the long run, God was setting us up for each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie review: Unplanned

PSA: Go see this movie! It will open your eyes! Tell your friends! Have a nice day. I am pleased to hear how well Unplanned is doing in ...